09 August 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms

Pre-oven
1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
1 pound(s) button mushrooms, about 24 large mushrooms (I am not sure how that many fits in a 1lb package, but whatever. L got me one package with 13 mushrooms)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
*3 cloves garlic chopped
*1 shallot chopped
¼ cup(s) onion(s), chopped (I used red)
¼ cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), chopped (I didn't use these)
10 ounces chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained (I used fresh that I chopped--probably about 4 ounces of fresh? I suck at measuring though)
2 ½ slice(s) whole-wheat bread, chopped into bread crumbs (No bread--mine went moldy (gross), so I used 1/4 c Italian seasoning Progresso bread crumbs)
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, or Cajun seasoning (didn't use)
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric (didn't use)
*my personal additions
•Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
•Remove mushroom stems from caps and finely chop stems; reserve caps and set aside.
•Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. **This is also where I sautéd the shallot and garlic**Sauté mushroom stems, onion, pepper and spinach until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining ingredients until well-combined.
 Also pre-oven--close up!
•Stuff each mushroom cap with 2 tablespoons of filling mixture. Place mushrooms, stuffed sides up, on jellyroll pan. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes; serve warm. Note: The mushrooms can be stuffed in advance, covered, refrigerated and then baked later in the day to save on last minute preparation time.)

13 mushrooms = 1 pt./mushroom (GRRRRR--if I would have used less bread crumbs, it could have been less!) 


Post-baking. YUM YUM YUM!! L even liked them!!!
Delicious.  Definitely didn't need all the breadcrumbs, but they are a nice addition.  YUM! I am going to definitely make these for the girls of book club!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!