12 August 2010

Quiet on this end...

So here is some rambling and reflecting...
Yesterday I made myself go to a new class (willPower and grace) at the gym, spent 40 minutes in the sun, and then spent the rest of the afternoon/evening getting ready for an interview that I have today.
I realize now that if I am focused on something else and busy (or I go outside), I don't eat as much--or even think about eating/food as much.  (Also, if I get in my 1-2 servings of healthy oils I am not as hungry during the day.)
In the past, I would shove food in my mouth endlessly to calm my nerves.  I would REALLY like to continue this pattern this morning, but I have been reading the WW message boards incessantly, and love the reoccurring message that I've read: "nothing tastes as good as looking good feels."  And it's TRUE!  Even though I've had only  small losses, I am very proud of these losses.  I am very proud of sticking with the gym since April, and being consistent these past three weeks on WW.  I have a LONG way to go, and I have to celebrate these little losses.  And it feels good.
So even though I am BEYOND nervous and freaking out on the inside, I ate a healthy 4 point breakfast (Thomas' bagel thin (PLAIN!), 1 egg & 1 egg white mixed with veggies cooked in olive oil--zucchini, garlic, mushrooms, and onions), and am going to FORCE myself to go to the gym and take a class at 9.  Then at least 2 1/2 - 3  hours more of my morning will be filled with non-eating activities. 
YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!