09 August 2010

Stuffed Corn Muffins

Again, a huge thanks to Krista for her recipe!!! I am fortunate to NOT have to be on an elimination diet, so I was able to use "normal" ingredients.  Her recipe includes her gluten-free/dairy-free adjustments.  Yeah, she's pretty awesome. 

* 1 cup cornmeal
* 1/2 cup flour (I use better-for-bread flour)
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 cup milk (skim)
* 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening, melted (I used olive oil)
If tins are filled less, recipe will yield 12 muffins

Sift and mix the dry ingredients.  Add the milk and shortening. After mixing the wet into the dry ingredients add any extras. (I added 2 ears of grilled corn I had left over from the weekend; Krista added sausage--many possibilities).

Pour into greased muffin tins and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.

(I got 11 muffins which works out to 3 pts./muffin--if I had gotten 12 muffins, each muffin would be 2 pts.!!!!)  MAKE 12 MUFFINS!!!
YUM

Honestly, I could eat the whole tin of these. Delicious.  I love the fresh corn addition, and this is my first time using cornmeal--I love how it is still sort of crunchy even after cooked.  (At least I hope that is the way it is supposed to be, otherwise I might sound like a total dolt!)
I had one with a Light & Fit yogurt, and it was satisfying and YUMMY!!!

Thanks again Krista!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!