17 January 2011

Brownies: I was a skeptic--now converted...

I saw this suggestion posted time and time again on the WW message boards.  I was highly skeptical and really didn't want to take a chance.  Seriously? Beans? In BROWNIES???
I wish I would have done this sooner.
Check it out:
See? Looks like normal brownies.

1 box brownie mix (dry--nothing else)
1 can low-sodium black beans

Put entire can of black beans into food processor.  Food process the beans until pourable.
Mix bean mix with dry brownie mix and bake according to box's directions.

That's it!
Individual portion ready for the freezer!

Super easy, gets the chocolate fix satisfied, DOESN'T TASTE LIKE BEANS, and I can freeze individual brownie servings to satisfy my chocolate cravings when they come.  
These brownies are super chewy, moist, and delicious!
25 brownies/3 pts+ each

All cut up for portion control.  Yes, I am aware that the pieces are uneven. And yes, I know I shouldn't have cut them when they were still warm--I was EXCITED!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!