15 February 2011

Skillet (or in my case, pie-pan) Souffle

Stolen from Beth, but L doesn't eat eggs and I had a yogurt for breakfast, so I made this my lunch meal.  The whole thing.  It was only 9 points, and it was DELICIOUS--and SUPER easy!!
Pre-oven

Ingredients:
3 eggs
2 tbsp fresh dill (or herb of choice)
1/2 tbsp butter (1 used 1 full TBSP)
1 oz soft goal cheese  (I didn't put this in mine!)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400º.
Separate eggs into two separate bowls. (egg whites in one, egg yolks in another.
Mix the yolks with the dill, salt and pepper and beat with a fork until well combined.
Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
Combine yolk mixture with egg whites.
Melt butter in a cast iron skillet, swirling around to cover the entire bottom of the skillet.
Pour egg mixture into greased skillet and crumble goat cheese on top.
Bake for 10 minutes until slightly browned on top.
Post-oven
 
1 Giant portion = 9 pts+
1/2 = 4 pts+



My attempt at only eating 1/2.  FAIL.
Seriously EASY and awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!