04 February 2011

Measurements: Exciting!

Not going to lie, but when I look back to when I first started WW and measuring myself, I am PUMPED as to the results. Plus, I have this awesome app on my iPhone that I keep track of my workouts/measurements, and seeing all the -% in red from my changes is super encouraging. Seriously. I'm pumped!!

Overall:
Arms: -3 inches
Hips: -6 inches
Chest: -4.5 inches
Waist: -7 inches
Thighs: -1 inch
Calves: -.5 inch
Neck: -2 inches
Total lost since starting:   -24 inches!!  FROM ME.  GONE! FOREVER!!!!!

And, this morning I went through my clothes and I am 99% an 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now, I NEVER thought I'd be excited about that number, but from where I was, I am thrilled.  I even put on a pair of cords and, while not a perfect fit, I am damn close!  HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I have a LONG way to go, I feel awesome about what I have done so far. And, I keep telling myself the mantra EVERYONE experiencing the weight loss journey should memorize: "It took me MANY years to gain this weight, it will take MANY years to get it off healthily."   Or, close to that.  At least to be realistic.  I also recognize that if I wanted faster results I could spend several hours daily at the gym, rather than my working out (as of late) on average an hour 4 days a week.  Now with football, I am less motivated to hit up the gym, but I think that I want to get stronger, so I will need to make more time to make that happen.  Today, I am going to attempt to go to two classes: WillPower and Grace, followed immediately by yoga. 


And tomorrow, we practice with helmets AND shoulder pads, so I will definitely be getting a hella workout tomorrow. 

I'm on a roll!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are doing so great! Working out an hour a day 4 days a week is more than most of the population does and I think that is a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really appreciate it. Sometimes there is this little voice that asks why I am not like all the itty-bitty teeny-tiny women at the gym, but I know that they spend most of their lives working out. That just isn't me. Right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is so wonderful!!!!! Congratulations girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!