27 February 2011

Cheddar Wafers (Crackers)

YUM.  Homemade cracker! Who would have thought?
Sweet! I got this recipe from Stephanie who got it from Jenna (though I don't have the super-cute cutters that she used!)
Dough

Cheddar Wafers
1 stick butter; melted
2 eggs

Rollin' it out

Cuttin' them out

BAKING!

Stars!

1/4 tsp garlic powder (I, of course, added more)
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 C all purpose flour (I only have bread flour, so that is what I used)
Preheat oven to 350.
Whisk together the melted butter and eggs until creamy.  Add the cheese and mix until well combined.  Add the baking powder, salt, white pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and flour and mix well.  (I mixed all the dry together first, and then I added it to the wet.)

Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it's a little less than 1/4th inch thick.  Cut out small circles with cookie cutters and place onto a parchment paper lined sheet tray.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown (thinner crackers--LESS time!!!)

With the two types of cookie cutters that I used, I got 124 crackers.  I had to 1/2 the recipe to get it into the recipe builder, and then 1 cracker = 0 pts+; 2 crackers = 1pts+; 3 = 1 pts+; 4=2 pts+; etc.   These are really good. Flaky, crisp, and satisfying for a cracker craving.  And--SUPER easy to make.

2 comments:

  1. this reminds me. i really want to make scones but i'm afraid of trying any recipe that involves dough and a rolling pin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia--I have only made scones that don't require a rolling pin!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!