10 February 2011

Creamy Parmesan Orzo

Made an awesome "side" dish tonight, but I will be making this again for sure--comfort food that could easily sub for mac-n-cheese cravings.
In the pan

Creamy Parmesan Orzo
1 TBSP Butter
1 C orzo
1 1/4 C reduced sodium chicken broth
1 1/4 C water
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt

Melt butter in a medium saucepan.  Cook dry orzo in butter for 3 minutes--STIR CONSTANTLY!
Add broth and water and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and cook until orzo is done (liquid is absorbed~15 minutes).  Remove from heat and add cheese and salt.

2 cups 1 serving = 1/2 C
5pts.+/serving
Worth every point. 

Close up orzo yummyness

My dinner.  Lentils from Tuesday, ciabatta roll buttered and cooked in a frying pan (like my mom used to make with rolls on Saturday mornings for my little sister and I), and orzo.  This meal would have been totally on plan if I wouldn't have super-buttered the ciabatta roll.  Whatever. It was DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!