04 March 2011

Banana Bread: Tweaking the Master

I love my old-school Betty Crocker cookbook.  It's fallen apart, but we have fond memories together. 
Today was the first time I took a recipe from this tome and tweaked it. I was nervous, but it turned out AWESOME! I just wish I would have gone with my gut and only used 1/4 C sugar to help with pts value.

I had two bananas that I feared L would give me the stink eye for not eating prior to over-ripening, so I went to a recipe that brings me fond memories of home and my mom and sister and mornings with yummy warm banana nut bread (but I would pick out all the nuts).
Mushed Banana

 This bread is sweet, moist, and best served warm.  If you are a nut fan (get mind out of gutter dear readers!), go ahead and add some nuts!

"Nut" Bread (BANANA)
2 giant ripe bananas mushed with a fork
1 1/4 C bread flour
1 1/4 C whole wheat flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 C sugar (I'd only use 1/4 C next time!)
3 TBSP canola oil
3/4 C skim milk
1 egg

Pretty
Heat oven to 350.
Grease and flour a bread loaf pan.
Measure all ingredients into a large bowl.  Mix until fully combine--be sure to scrape sides and spoon!
Pour into loaf pan.
Bake 55-65 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
12 slices



Yum. Tastes like home!!

I like fattier slices, but you could tweak your cuts accordingly!
11 slices = 5 pts+
12-15 slices = 4 pts+
16 slices = 3pts+





vitamins and supplements
Have a blog? Want to win a $100? Check out the Swanson Health Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!