24 March 2011

Proud Vs. Not Proud

Proud: Not stopping the last two nights for Shari's Cinnamon Rolls after practice.  I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted cinnamon rolls. 

Not Proud: buying a bag of Jolly Rancher Bold Fruit Smoothie jelly beans before practice and eating more than a handful.  Though I paid for that later when I wanted to hurl as I was running during practice.

Proud: Not giving up when it is hard.  I am not used to being a bench warmer.  This football experience has been humbling for me because I have been fortunate and have always been a "starter;" I don't know what sitting on the bench is like--but I am learning.  For me, it is beyond frustrating not being good at a sport.  Especially when I really WANT to be good! 

Not Proud: Emotional eating.  Sad? Eat. Frustrated? Eat. Sad? Eat.  Stressed? Eat.  Sad? Eat.  And the eating does not center around fruits and veggies.  I am overloading on sugar and fat and bread.  Last night I think I really overdid it and the excess sugar made me sick.

Proud: Recognizing what I am doing. 

Not Proud: Not really making TRUE changes.  Thinking about changes and acknowledging what I am doing is NOT ENOUGH.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about them and acknowledging the need is the first step though, if you do not pass through that difficult step change cannot come. Removing the blinders and looking at life with eyes open is scary and can be painful but it must be done for change to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Krista. Just writing them down is the first step. I can't tell you what a hard time I had writing my last post because writing it down really adds a level of accountability.
    Read this guy's article if you get a chance. It was really interesting.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/003550.html
    Hopefully we can figure this out together!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!