21 April 2011

Quinoa Salad

Yum to the nth degree.
Thanks Beth for the idea!!
Yummy, fresh, and lots of veggies!!!

Grain Salad
Grain:
2/3 C red quinoa rinsed (this was all I had)
1 C beef broth
In a small pan, bring broth with quinoa in it to a boil. Simmer for 18-20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
Let cool. (I didn't do this.)

Veggies:
1 can artichoke hearts drained
1 can diced tomatoes (no salt added) drained
1 C frozen corn
1 GIANT cucumber
1/8 C chopped cilantro
2 stalks celery chopped
1/8 red onion chopped
Cucumber, celery, corn, red onion
cilantro, artichokes, tomato
 Dressing:
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar

Mix all together.  Salt to taste.

6 servings (1 cup/serving) = 2pts+/serving!  YES!



I would probably add black beans next time, but I just wanted to finish this salad so I could eat it.  It is GOOD.  I can't wait to see how awesome it will be after it sits overnight!
The final result. 

1 comment:

  1. Great I already had dinner and now seeing this I'm hungry again!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!