23 September 2010

Tonight's dinner & random ponderings

I had a GIANT 1/2 of a zucchini that I needed to use.  So I started cutting it up to roast it.  The dish I *thought* was big enough, was not.  So I still had about 1/4 of the thing left after filling the roasting dish.
The result?
This awesomeness:

Shrimp (17), 1/2 c whole wheat pasta, zucchini, garlic, olive oil, and 1 Tbsp. of shredded Parmesan cheese. (8.5 points)
I am a lucky person.  L is the cook of our house.  Dinners are his thing, and the last time I made a "regular" dinner for us it consisted of Annie's boxed white cheddar shells and cheese and chicken breasts coated in panko.  L at least insists on a veggie with every dinner, and usually some form of starch.  I love his flank steak and black beans and pork dishes.  But being 1700+ miles away from him has made me take ownership for ALL my meals, not just breakfasts, snacks, and lunches.
This meal I am pretty damn proud of.  And it was delcious.  Also, I could easily justify the two double stuff golden oreo cookies and the 1/2 serving of S'mores Goldfish I ate (total of 5.5 points--BAH).
Especially since I even RAN tonight!!
~~~
I am nearing the weight I was when I initially moved to OR.  Even though I am not sure the exact figure, I know that I am closing in on a relatively close proximity.  I do everything in my power to weigh myself only the one time a week, but I might have "accidentally" gotten on the scale tonight (before all the eating of course).
I need to make sure that I am only weighing myself the one time a week though.  I think a good portion of my motivation comes from knowing what is to come late Tuesday morning. 
I don't feel like anything is changing except the scale numbers though.  My tape measure is back in OR (I'll wait until I return to do my body measurements again), and my daily attire consists of workout clothes since I am coaching every day.  I am actually worried that when I have to start subbing in two weeks that the clothes I brought won't fit right--not to mention that I packed warm-weather clothes and not many WI fall (and by not many I mean NO) teacher-clothes.
It will be an interesting adventure!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Cooking can be fun, I know a lot of people see it as a chore, but it's really an act of love, whether you are cooking for others or cooking good, healthy, nourishing food for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!