29 September 2010

Corn Pancakes

Or....breakfast for dinner...

Thanks again to Krista for this recipe/idea.  I halved her recipe, and took the gluten-free part out, and ate all the pancakes for dinner tonight with a tsp. of butter.  Maple syrup would have been awesome, but I was out of points after the large amount that the entire batch monopolized.

Corn Pancakes (dairy free, egg free)

1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup plain rice milk
1 tablespoons honey
1/2 tablespoon oil

Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Stir in the milk and oil.  Mix well and cook as usual. 
I got about 4 pancakes (big!) and the total points for the batch is 14 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!