27 July 2010

Raspberry Zinger Cake

Have I mentioned that I LOVE to bake?? This is PHENOMENAL!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! It was really hard to eat only one piece!!!


1 box white cake mix, Betty Crocker Super Moist preferred
10 ounces Diet Sprite, or Diet Cream Soda (I used A&W Diet Cream Soda)
2 egg whites
2 box sf ff raspberry Jell-O, 4-serving size (I used a giant box with a little box)
1 ½ cups hot water (boiling as per the directions)
8 ounces Cool Whip Free
¼ cup coconut flakes

Combine dry cake mix, diet soda, and egg whites; mix well. Bake according to package directions in a 9x13 pan. (I watched it carefully--it was done about 5 minutes early--be careful with the cooking time!) Cool slightly.

Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals. (I used a skewer to poke holes--I wish that I would have poked more though--or had wider/deeper holes --but the overall result was AWESOME nonetheless!)

STIR boiling water into Jell-O until completely dissolved. Carefully pour gelatin evenly over cake. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

When cake has set, frost with Cool Whip and sprinkle coconut over top.

Nutritional notes:
16 pieces
4 pts/piece

Per Serving: 178 Cal; 2 g Protein; 3 g Tot Fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 1 g Mono Fat; 1 g Poly Fat; 98 g
Carb; 0 g Fiber; 3 g Sugar; 26 mg Calcium; 0 mg Iron; 229 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol.


YUMYUMYUMYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raspberry, moist cake, deliciousness!! I'm not sure how the real Zingers taste (I wasn't a big coconut fan until I got older and grew out of snack cake eating), but this cake ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!