25 July 2010

Parmesan Turkey Meatloaf

Not the BEST picture, and AFTER the fact (and two slices gone), but at least one can see what it looks like!

1 T olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 1/4 lbs of ground skinless turkey
4 slices of whole wheat bread made into crumbs
1/2 C fat-free milk
1 egg white, slightly beaten (I accidentally used a full egg)
3 T ketchup
2 T grated Parmesan
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t dried basil
1/4 t dried thyme
1/4 t fresh ground pepper


Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8x5" loaf pan with nonstick spray.

In a small skillet, heat olive oil and sweat the onion 4 or 5 mins.

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients with the onions and blend well. Shape into loaf, place into pan, and bake till brown 50-60 mins. Let stand 10 mins before serving.


I got 7 slices from my loaf pan. 4 points per slice. Filling, and MUCH juicier than the last times I've made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!