21 July 2010

It's TIME!

I tried Weight Watchers several years ago, and when I was sticking with it, going to meetings, and focused, it was very successful.

Life got in the way, and another 40 pounds have been accumulated since then.

Which is depressing to say the least.

I started the Couch-2-5K (C25K) program 3 weeks ago, and L and I joined 24-Hour Fitness in March. I am serious this time to get back into shape and not hate myself anymore.

I joined the online Weight Watchers program today, and I am nervous. I have already started to note that all the "good" eating I thought I was doing, really was detrimental to my ultimate goal.

I know why I haven't been losing weight since starting working out. My portions are out of control, and I eat ALL. THE. TIME.

So, I am going to make a change. It will be hard, and I will probably mess up. BUT, I need to do this. This comes at a point in my life where I have no job, it is summer vacation, and I am at the precipice of internally needing something MAJOR to change and improve--which, if I feel better about myself, I know things WILL be better.

I love to write, I love blogging--I love reading blogs. The Weight Watchers online community message boards are super helpful, but this I need to do to keep me on track on a deeper level.

I also love to cook and bake, so I will post recipes and photos that I am attempting.

Thanks for stopping by--any support or advice would be really appreciated!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! It's difficult to get a change going but once you see results and, most importantly, feel better it becomes much easier to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of you. You didn't give into my gouda today. You have way more willpower than I do. I can't wait to see you succeed in this. I will refrain from bringing 10-point-an-ounce foods to bookclub. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!