02 June 2011

Lost steam, any thoughts other than my own?

Not sure when it happened, probably in between the cupcakes and bread, and more bread, and then the chips and oreos...but no matter when it happened, it did.  I have no motivation to track what I am eating and hold myself accountable for what I eat during the day. 

I am envious of the people who don't need to account for every single morsel that goes into their bodies, and I am irritated with my own self that I have gotten to this point where I HAVE to be accountable for every morsel or I gain weight.  I am back up.  225.5.  And I know how hard I was working, and how I am not working that hard anymore, and I know what has to right itself.  I just don't know how to start in order to get back to feeling successful again.  

The weather isn't helping, and being unemployed isn't helping.  I haven't been reading blogs as much because it is frustrating to see what I am not doing and could be doing and feeling. 

I know I will find a way out of the funk. It's taking a toll, and maybe I am keeping good things away from myself because of the negative/sad/down energy that surrounds me. 

I miss having a job. I miss being useful. I miss our housekeeper. I miss city life.


Yuk. 

I am going to get out of this.  Really.

3 comments:

  1. If you didn't fall off the bus you wouldn't be human. We all do, it happens, but it doesn't need to define you. What would you say to me if I were writing your post? Would you scold me or encourage me? You are a smart, kind, capable woman and you made a committment to take better care of yourself and you can recommit to that goal at any time. Be kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's just really hard to get back on track. Honestly though, I know exactly how you feel about reading other people's blogs. It pays off to be honest though, you never know when you can inspire someone else with your honesty. No one is perfect and as Krista said, "if you didn't fall off the bus you wouldn't be human." She's absolutely right. Start tracking everything that you eat and just focus on that, good, bad or ugly, just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you're feeling right now. I stopped tracking my food for a week and now none of my pants fit. Also, I haven't had time to go to the gym. Scratch that... I haven't MADE time to go to the gym. But I'll get back on track and so will you.

    I was one of those people who never had to pay attention to what she ate and then I turned 35 and it all went to hell. I'm still "thin," but I'm not healthy and I want to be healthy. Also, I want my pants to fit because I cannot afford a new wardrobe. Keep going because you are inspiring me. Not that that's the only reason you should keep going, but...

    ReplyDelete

I love when people comment!!! Good, bad, or even ugly--feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond!